Wednesday, April 17, 2019

Questions with Josh Steinberg


Questions with Josh Steinberg:

  1. What do you believe you brought to (or can bring to) the team?
I believe that on the court I bring leadership and defensive aggressiveness to the team. I also have the ability to get the whole team involved in a game. I believe that these components of my game are some of my strongest attributes. Off the court I like to be able to connect with my teammates; for instance, I met some of my closest friends through basketball. This plays a major roll into our teams performance on the court as well, and I like to be able to bring the team together.
  1. How do you deal with the pressure of having to perform in front of the crowd?
I deal with the pressure of performing in front of a crowd the same way I always enter games but with a little extra fire. I enjoy playing in front of large crowds because its fun, anytime one team makes a shot the place erupts, especially in a high stakes game. It does make me a little nervous but I try to get in the flow of the game and enjoy it.
  1. How do you channel your frustration when the referee’s decision doesn’t go your way?
When a referee makes a call that does not go our way I try to stay calm and focus what I can control, energy and effort. I channel my frustration by not taking it out on the ref; I use it to up my intensity and performance during the game. It is a difficult thing to do, but definitely a skill I would like to master.
  1. What is your fondest memory of this past season?
My fondest memory of this past season was our basketball programs first CIF win (and our schools) with a first year varsity program. Being a part of that game was definitely the most exhilarating part of the season. The gym was over capacity by a couple hundred people and you could not hear anything, it was the best environment I’ve ever played in.
  1. What aspect of your game comes easiest to you?
The aspect of my game that comes easiest to me is my vision of the court. When in games I can see a cut or pass quickly that other people have to take time to think about. It is pretty easy for me to make a play for my teammate by seeing a mismatch and giving them the ball, or driving, engaging the defenders and kicking to them for a shot.

  1. What has basketball taught you that carries over into the other areas of your life?

Basketball has taught me responsibility and leadership; both are very important life skills that basketball continuously helps me to develop. In basketball every team member has a responsibility and if not every person does what they are supposed to it’s difficult to win. As a guard, leadership is a vital component in being successful. I learned this through being one of the leaders on my team by helping and encouraging my teammates and by being an extension of our coach on the court. These same concepts can be carried over into school and life as well, and I am glad that I have been able to progress these skills through basketball.

No comments:

Post a Comment