Tuesday, April 23, 2019

Questions with Conner Dunn



Connor Dunn
3. What do you believe you brought (or can bring to) the team?
Answer: I believe I bring a little of everything to a team. I believe I bring energy and leadership to the team. I also believe that I can calm down or rile up my teammates as needed. I also bring game intelligence; I know when to pass the ball to the shooter that is hot or take my own shots as needed. I am a flexible player that can bring to the court whatever is needed for team success.
6. How did you stay motivated after losing a game?
Answer: Whenever I lose a game, I always try to keep my head up. Whether a 1-point loss or a 20-point loss, I know I have another game coming up. I must focus on the next game rather than dwell on the results of the game just played. I know I must take away the good things from the game and push away the bad.
7. How do you deal with the pressure of having to perform in front of a crowd?
Answer: When I play in front of a crowd of people, I clear my mind and focus on the job at hand. When I think about all the things, I do in front of a crowd every day, like group presentations or my own presentations in front of people I know, playing with people around that I don’t specifically know seems easier to me.
8. How do you channel your frustration when the referee’s decision doesn’t go your way?
Answer: When this happens, I believe you must forget about what happened and move on to the next play. If you dwell on a bad call, you are not focused on what is happening on the court which can cause mistakes and get you  pulled out very quickly.
9. What are you thinking when you get benched in a game?
Answer: The first thing I think about is what could I have done to stay in the game. If I made a mistake, what can I do to make sure it doesn’t happen again. If the coach has provided me feedback, I think about how to apply his comments. I also know I must stay focused on the game and encourage my teammates as much as I can.
18. What has basketball taught you that carries over into the other areas of your life?
Answer: Basketball has taught me to “take the shot”. In basketball, you can’t win a game unless you score some points. You can’t score points unless you take shots. Sometimes you will have winning streaks and sometimes you will have losing streaks. Win or lose, you must carry on and continue to take shots.  Life is no different. Life takes effort. Sometimes the effort will pay off, sometimes it won’t.  But if you don’t try, you can’t succeed. Basketball has taught me to take advantage of every opportunity that comes my way by taking my best shot.


Magic Elite

No comments:

Post a Comment