Friday, September 29, 2017

Questions with Mike Moran


How did you stay motivated after losing a game?
How do you deal with the pressure of having to perform in front of the crowd?
How do you channel your frustration when the referee’s decision doesn’t go your way?
What are you thinking when you get benched in a game?
Do you have any rituals that you must perform before a game and why?

What was the most important game you played? Why?
How do you want your team mates to remember you?
If you didn’t play basketball what sport would you like to play? why?

Mike Moran:  Former Player from San Clemente High School, 1st team all league, now at Chapman College as a freshman.

I stayed motivated after losing by completing forgetting about that game, and refocusing on the next game. I deal with the pressure of having to perform before a crowd by not thinking about the crowd watching me, and the pressure is always on the other team. I channel my frustration when calls don't go my way by just forgetting about it and moving on to the next play. When I get benched in a game, I'm thinking about what I can do better if coach decides to put me back in. Before a game, I always stretch and listen to my music in order to relax myself, but also mentally prepare myself. The most important game I've played was against El Toro during my senior year. We needed to win in order to clinch the outright South Coast League championship. I want my teammates to remember me as someone who always put the team first before anything else and as someone that stood down to no one. If I didn't play basketball, I would have played football because I'm a physical player that likes contact and I would make a good WR.

No comments:

Post a Comment