Friday, September 29, 2017

Questions with Greta

How did you stay motivated after losing a game?
How do you deal with the pressure of having to perform in front of the crowd?
How do you channel your frustration when the referee’s decision doesn’t go your way?
What are you thinking when you get benched in a game?
Do you have any rituals that you must perform before a game and why?

What was the most important game you played? Why?
How do you want your team mates to remember you?
If you didn’t play basketball what sport would you like to play? why?

L'immagine può contenere: 1 persona


After losing a game, of course, I was upset with myself, but I never gave up, I always wanted to do more so that the same things couldn’t happen again. I always thought that my team and I could do better in the next game, I had confidence in my abilities and in the ones of my team mates.


I don’t care about the crown, I play of my team and for myself, no one else. There is no point of feeling the pressure when you know that all you have to do is play the sport that you love and never give up.


Every time I try to don’t get mad to referee’s decisions because they’re human like us and everyone can make mistakes. It happened that some decisions sometimes made me upset but I don't blame them, I don't go up to them and say that what they called was wrong, I just go back and do something good in the next action.


When I get benched I think about all the practices before the game, I think about what went wrong but in the meantime I cheer for my team mates to do their best because I know that if I am on the bench it is because someone can do better than me in that moment.


I don’t really have any rituals before a game because I just get on the court and play; I want to do my best every time, I want to be successful.


I think the most important game for me was the first one in U.S. with St. Paul High School because it’s from that game that I realized that i was opening a new page of the book of my life; I realized I was in the place I always dreamed about and I couldn’t ask for anything else, I was living my dream and I still am.


I want my team mates to remember me for who I really am, on the court and outside. I want them to remember everything we faced together, form winning a game and be happy to losing a game and be sad. I want them to remember that I will always be there for them.


I don’t think I would be able to play any other sports, I mean, this is my life, this is what makes me happy but if I have to choose I would probably say swimming because that sport was the one I used to play before basketball.

No comments:

Post a Comment