Monday, April 30, 2018

Questions with Will Kenner

Getting to know Will Kenner, young man with talent and skill and ready for a break through season having already been named MVP of the first tournament for OC Magic U16 in which they were victorious going 4 and 0.


Who are your sports heroes and what do you admire about them?
 1- Some sports heroes that I admire are Antonio Brown (Pittsburgh Steelers) and James Harden (Houston Rockets). Both of these athletes work insanely hard to perfect their craft despite already being the best at their jobs. They are definitely role models because of their constant drive to always improve their skill. 
What do all good coaches have in common?
2- All good coaches always have a good relationship with their players, and make important decisions in order to win. What separates a good coach from a decent coach are the little things such as how they interact with their players or what they say after games to rejuvenate them.
Who is your favorite coach and why?
3-  There are many different coaches that have helped over the years, and I can't say that I have a favorite. Each coach does something special and I have a great amount of respect for all of them. 
Have you had any serious injuries to overcome?
4- I have never had any serious injuries to overcome, and have never broken a bone in my body. Although there are many times that I am bruised up and a little sore from games, I have never had anything serious to deal with.
How difficult is it to balance school work and athletics?
5- Balancing school work and sports can be stressful at times, but I have immensely improved since freshman year. I have started using my free blocks and tutorials to  study and get ahead on homework. This makes it much easier to go to practices without having to cram in homework/studying late at night. 
How much time is spent training and practicing?
6- OC magic practices on MondayWednesday, and Thursday and occasionally on Saturday mornings. On the days that we don't practice, I lift and spend some time training with the football team. I also spend a lot of time shooting and dribbling at my house to make sure i don't get rusty. As I have gotten older, I have gotten better at balancing all my sports.
What have you learned about teamwork from being on this team? How does the team make you a better player?
7- Since I have joined this team, I feel like I have improved as a human and a player. I have learned to be leader at practice for the younger/middle school players. I have also learned the importance of communication on and off the court and how it influences teamwork. 

No comments:

Post a Comment