Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Persistence and Belief

Strange how we think that we can just have what we want.  We hear stories of how we can have anything that we want if we just belief and manifest that belief into thoughts, which lead to action, which will lead to your dream being met.  That is exactly what happened to one of our players yesterday with OC Magic.


Andre, has a story.  He wasn't ready when we first met him, he had to improve his skill set, his athleticism, but we didn't have to do anything with his drive or his vision.  He had a set back with injuries, he had setbacks from not playing on his high school varsity team as senior.  Yet, with his persistence and belief, he came to train with us, 3 times a week and continued to play and get better.

I have told our players for years, we are stone cutters, we will keep at it daily, one day that stone will break.  We will be persistent and believe that rock will break.  For Andre, he took that to heart and his dream came true as upon my return from Europe, I was back in the building and one of my NCAA coaching friends reached out to me saying that he had a need and if I had anyone that could help him.

Andre, was next to me, I made the call, put them on the phone together and now he's off to fulfill his dream of becoming a student athlete.  8 million students play high school sports in the U.S. and 480,000 of them get to compete at an NCAA institution.  Wow.

Have a purpose of playing, be persistent each day and have passion.  Congratulations to Andre and to the others in OC Magic who have moved onto their next dream.  Graduation from college happens this year for this young man now as time does fly and earning that degree is truly what has mattered.  Using basketball as a tool to get an education.

Everyone has a story of Persistence and Belief, what's yours?  I would love to hear your story, please share.

If anyone wants to get my guide for how to get a college scholarship, just email me at johnsaintignon@gmail.com and I will be happy to send to you.

Coach John Saintignon
www.johnsaintignon.com

No comments:

Post a Comment