Monday, November 12, 2018

On Campus with...

On Campus with...
Anthony Mendoza
Freshman at Wisconsin Lutheran University.

My first day on campus was filled with many mixed emotions. I already knew a few of my teammates on the basketball team including my roommate who was my teammate on my club team in California because of this I felt more comfortable. I knew I would miss my Mom and Brother very much but I was very excited to make new friends and experience college. We had a full schedule of freshman orientation as well as many activities to meet other freshman which was fun. 

I discovered being far away from home I have realized that you realize what kind of a person I am. Different regions of the United States believe strongly in certain subjects that the region you grew up in would be very strange. I have realized if I want to keep my personal identity and beliefs I must consciously acknowledge them and even voice them when you get the chance. In this I noticed subconsciously I act very much like the men I grew up looking up to. 

The first week of practice went very well. The first very days were very strenuous as I was not prepared because I had recently came off of an ankle sprain and  was consequently out of shape, however my body adjusted very fast. I was very sore but I played very well and was making a good case to earn playing time but would soon sprain the same ankle I had recovered from a week earlier. This was very frustrating the only thing I could do at that point would be to rehab myself to prepare to be ready upon my return. 
OC Magic Basketball, Inc.

No comments:

Post a Comment